• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding metadata to muliple folders in photoshop

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way of adding metadata (copyright info etc) to images in multiple folders without having to do that for each folder separately? I've already updated images in multiple folders treating each folder separately using a template, but it took a while. The reason for this is that originally I did not have copyright etc on any of my images.Thank you.

Paul

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be done in Adobe Bridge, if you choose a Parent Folder and set VIEW> Show items from sub-folders.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already mentioned it can be done from Bridge. First you should create Metadata template from Tools > Create Metadata Template in Bridge. Next is to Show Items From SubFolders (1). Select all images that you want to add metadata(2) then go to Tools > Append Metadata (3) -- Replace Metadata will also work.

append metadata from bridge.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the replies and procedure. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to @Bojan Živković for the informative reply.

Or you can simply select multiple photos and type Metadata in the Metadata panel fields-

2022-11-06 09_51_41-Adobe Bridge 2023.jpg

The new changes in Bridge v13 "Multiple Content Panels" also looks

promising-

2022-11-06 09_50_45-What's new.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@paul190453 - please mark replies that helped as a correct answer, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines