• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding new layers to a gif?

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tweaking a short animation I recorded and am trying to add shapes on top (like a watermark) and want it to be in the same spot throughout the timeline. I always select the first frame so the effects of what I'm adding equalize across all the frames. This time though, when I'm moving a shape into place, it's offset in the rest of the frames but fine in the first one. What's the proper way to apply layers uniformly across all frames? I tried grouping the frames' layers into a smart object but that overode the frames and it became a static image of the first layer 😕

Hack work around: duplicate the layer into a new file, delete layer, duplicate that layer back into the original file. xD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the frame animation panel fly-out menu and check new layers visible in all frames. Then add a new layer to the top of the layer stack that contains your logo overlay.  It it will be added to all frames.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, it was already cheacked.The issue is that when I move it around it moves differently in the frames following the one I have highlighted (usually the first frame). Im not sure what accounts for the misinterpretation of placement. The work around is a little tedious but it doesn't take much time. I think I'll use that cause this seems like it might be a small bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you moving the layer content for different frames? If you add the logo as a new top layer and it is made visible in all frames it should be in the same location in all frames. The logo should not move in the animation.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats the weird thing, is that it does. Its offset in all frames when moved. I think its just a small bug though so I'm glad its not a user error. Could be a memory issue? hmm, well in any case if I need to reset the position the duplicating method works well enough :3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would amything be duplicated or moved? Its one layer that is visible in all frames?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was going through same error, The option 'Match layers across frames" helped me out on this.

Giferrot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm puzzled over your comment that when you move a single layer it does not keep the same place in a frame animation.

Can you show a screenshot including your layers panel and timeline.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines