• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Photo to Another

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to insert a photo into another photo and have it look like its on top of the other, but when I insert the second photo it inserts as a background with its own background. How do I get the second inserted photo to just sit over the other without its own background. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you wrote does not make sense to me. There can be only one Background layer in a  photoshop document.  You insert images either using Place, Drag and  Drop, or  Paste.  The inserted image will be a layer above the documents background layer. Photoshop's background is the a special bottom layer that does not support transparency it is always canvas size.  An Inserted images  will be a Normal layer or Smart Object layer above  Photoshop Background layer if the document has a Background layer. A document is not required to have a background layer.  

If you insert a Image the has a transparent background ie a PNG, a PSD, a Gif etc. They are file type that  supports transparency a  Transparent background is possible,  If  an image has a transparent background, when you insert the image into an others image it will have a transparent background. A raster Imags layer may not have any transparency.

Jpeg file format does not support transparency.  Jpeg image do not have any transparency. Subject matter always have a  background color.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines