• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust brightness/darkness in GIF image Photoshop

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps24.2.0  can not find an answer anywhere to the simple question of how do I adjust brightness darkness setting for a GIF image that will change all the frames. I certainly know how to adjust the brightness darkness thing for a still image and I know it can be done for a GIF image as I have done it, but it was quite a while ago and any assistance would be appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

The adjustment layer needs to be moved to the top of the layer stack above all other layers. It only effects layers that are below it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you can understand the following concept you can fix your animation:

Any layer, or layers, can be made visible in any frame.

So you can step through your animation, selecting one frame at a time, in the timeline. For each frame go to the layers panel and ensure the visibility is only on for the layers you want to use in that frame.

So for frame one, switch on layer one and the adjustment layer. Switch off all other layers.

For frame two, switch on layer two and the adjustment layer. Switch off all other layers.

Repeat for the remaining frames.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally getting back to you as it has been a bit busy.  Yes, your last answer did make the difference and the frames are now doing what I want them to do. But I don't understand what adobe changed to make this so much more time-consuming than what I remember in the past. Oh well, I want to thank you so very very much for all of your help and assistance.  I really appreciate it. Thank goodness you know what you're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware that there have been any changes in the frame animation timeline for a very long time. Glad it's working for you now 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no possible way to change the theme to black and not white?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Bailiey411 your comment/question does not seem related to the content of this thread. Can you explain more or start a new thread.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines