• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layer incorrectly exporting - exported image looks different to image in workspace

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having difficulties exporting my work in that the resulting exported image is different to the image in the workspace.  Specifically, the problem is with a particular layer that is composed of a clipping mask with an associated colorized Hue/Saturation layer at 50% opacity - please see this image:

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 10.16.37.png

^ this is the work as it appears in the workspace.  The layer in question is the hills in the background of the image: in the workspace they are a purple mauve colour.  However, when I export, the hills layer changes colour to a blue colour:

Incorrect export.png

^ this is the resulting exported image with the incorrect coloration.  Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

For reference, here are screenshots of my exporting options (notice how in the 'Export As' dialogue box the hills are the wrong colour) -

PNG export.png

^PNG

JPEG export.png

^ JPEG 

If I do 'Quick Export as PNG' I get the same problem.

Here is a screenshot of the layer:

Hills layer.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Photoshop 2021 and these are the specs of my laptop:

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Exporting png or jpg necessitates merging the Layers because those formats only support one Layer. 

So unless @D Fosse ’s advice already solved the issue please post screenshots taken at View > 100% before and after flattening the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots from before and after flattening the image taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @c.pfaffenbichler, hope you are well and thank you for your response.

Here is a screenshot with all the panels with the view at 100%:

Before.png

Sorry, what do you mean by flattening the image?

Also, I have been working on the image since my initial post, and this is how the image is now appearing in the 'Export As...' dialogue box:

New incorrect.png

^ now a different layer seems to be affected by the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting png or jpg necessitates merging the Layers because those formats only support one Layer. 

So unless @D Fosse ’s advice already solved the issue please post screenshots taken at View > 100% before and after flattening the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @c.pfaffenbichler,

Before:

Before 2.png

After:

After.png

In flattening the image, I've realised that the resulting exported JPEG / PNG is completely fine!  So I need to flatten the image before exporting.  Such a simple fix - thank you!

Fixed.png

^ All fine now - thank you very much @c.pfaffenbichler!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am afraid the problem might be that the layered file is displayed inexactly at magnifications smaller than 100%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original color mismatch happens because Export (and Save For Web) are not color managed by default.

If you check "embed color profile", this also turns on the correctly color managed view in Export. Then it will match Photoshop and any other color managed application used to view the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @D Fosse, thank you for your reply.

I have just checked 'Embed Color Profile' in the 'Export As' dialogue box, but the problem still occurs:

Colour profile.png

Is this what you are meaning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines