• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe claims I have non-genuine software

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2012 I bought Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator CS6 from a re-seller in Delray Beach, Florida, who says he's an "Authorized Adobe Store, and all software is 100% genuine.  I believe this is true because during installation, Adobe gave me an "activation code" from their website so the software would work

For FIVE YEARS I never heard a peep from Adobe, until late 2017 when intrusive notifications began popping up that Adobe claimed my software is not genuine, which is utter nonsense.

Every time I called Adobe customer support, a person with a strong foreign accent spoke to me and I could never understand anything they said, so this matter is yet to be resolved.

The notices state among other things: "If you do not address this issue, you may lose access to key software functionality", and it goes on to say that "only genuine Adobe software provides protection against malware and viruses".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its entirely possible you inadvertently bought a copy that wasn't exactly genuine. You're going to have to talk with customer support, that's the best option I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a user to user forum, most people answering are volunteer users, not Adobe employees (unless you see the red staff badge).

From your description it sounds like you may have been sold unlicensed software. In some cases that could be fake copies or it could be  selling places on volume licences to individuals. As users we have no way of knowing what has happened in your case.

See this link: Adobe Genuine software

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe gave me an "activation code" from their website so the software would work.

That's a 100% certain giveaway that this is pirate software. Adobe never gave "activation codes" of any sort, from their website or elsewhere. CS6 had silent activation - you entered the serial number during installation, and the software would then activate automatically online. No codes were ever involved.

You may have been led to believe this activation code came from the Adobe website, but it didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

Adobe gave me an "activation code" from their website so the software would work.

That's a 100% certain giveaway that this is pirate software. Adobe never gave "activation codes" of any sort, from their website or elsewhere. CS6 had silent activation - you entered the serial number during installation, and the software would then activate automatically online. No codes were ever involved.

You may have been led to believe this activation code came from the Adobe website, but it didn't.

sorry but Adobe did do this for student copies of cs6... like mine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, my student days were over by then. Didn't know that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with my "Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium" I am getting the " A recent scan of your Adobe software has determined it is non-genuine. We're here to help fix it"

I have been using CS5.1 for years without a problem and now this, I am also sitting next the retail box with the square printed leaflets "Take Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 beyond your desktop", "NOTICE TO USERS", "CONTENT AND INSTALLATION HELP" DVD and the "ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE 5.5 WEB PREMIUM" for windows DVD which has the silver strip with  "Notice to user: Registration Required" and on the back is the sticker with serial number printed on it. So how on earth is my version non genuine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get it from? Unfortunately just because it has a box and code doesn’t mean it’s not a counterfei. There’s some convincino counterfeits out there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the name of the reseller?

Anybody can claim to be an authorized reseller until they have action taken against them if they are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received the exact same pop-up. A window that can not be closed or moved to another Desktop. I purchased my copy and downloaded it directly from Adobe several years ago and have been using it ever since. Today this happens. I even used the software just last night! To me it sounds like Adobe is trying to get people to quit using CS6 and this is their way to try to force an upgrade. Assuming we haven't been hit by some kind of malware. Running a scan now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian

If you did purchase this software direct from Adobe, go to your account and get the details of your  order (under Plans -Order History)  and your registration (under Plans -My Products) then contact Adobe using the contact details in the message .

If you are not sure that the pop up is genuine - see here:

Adobe Genuine software

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, I've done all that. The Adobe site reports my copy of Photoshop is non-compliant too. I've confirmed that the problem is related to running it under Mojave and I did tell them that as well. Seems like something got broken somewhere along the line. It's just odd since I was using the yesterday.

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Brian+Lawson  wrote

I've confirmed that the problem is related to running it under Mojave

CS6 users have already for some time had problems with newer MacOS versions. Apple is well known for their lack of backwards compatibility, and leaping into a public beta, with a six year old Photoshop version, seems extremely risky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has been happening to me since updating to Mohave..Ive confirmed with Adobe that my PS software is genuine...help!

I hate Mohave...

any solutions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, and after ignoring the message for quite some time. Abode terminated my software. I use PC not Mac, so it should not be anything related to mac Mojave. I don't understand, very frustrated. I have used my CS6 over 5 years, I called the customer service and product support from time to time. No one has ever told me my product is not legit. This is super weird. Did anyone eventually to be forced to upgrade to a CS cloud version? I hesitate to call Adobe, completely don't know if I can trust them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@soupypie this is an aggressive and intrusive imposed audit. I get the distinct impression they are looking for opportunities to force users to use the cloud services. This has had a very negative affect on me and I don't think I will ever purchase another item of Adobe software unless one of my clients requires me to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have owned Photoshop - with upgrades up through CS6 - for many years, all purchased directly from Adobe.  Attached is the receipt - in my Adobe account - for the most recent upgrade, to CS6, purchased in 2012.

Suddenly today, completely out of the blue, I got this colourful popup from the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service (also attached) to this post.

Of course, this happens on a day and time that Adobe Support is not available, but it's rather troubling: are they intent on forcing me to CC?  Really not pleased with this odd turn of events, as CS6 has been working so well for me across the years.

They have my license information in my Adobe account and I can show them that it's the same key/license used to register my CS6 installation.  I have not seen this occur for Lightroom, Photoshop/Premiere Elements, etc. which I also have purchased and directly upgrade from Adobe.

If, as mentioned above, Adobe plans on remote accessing my computer to run things and sniff about, forget that: I'll swear off Adobe products and never look back.  In this day and age, digital trust is not something you hand over to anyone lightly, especially a company which appears to attempt extorting you into upgrading to their CC service from a perpetual license version of their app you legitimately bought from them years ago.

[Sensitive information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe support, it's a public user-to-user forum.  And you should never post your serial numbers in a public forum. 

Nobody here can help you with non-genuine serial numbers.  You must contact Adobe Customer Care via online chat to get this sorted. 

Contact Customer Care

1. Log-in with your Adobe ID and password using a good desktop browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers. 
  2. Click the chat bot icon in lower right and type AGENT.  Wait for a human to join the session at which point you may share your serial number and other details in a secure setting.
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks, though I didn't post any serial numbers in this forum: one of my attachments showed an internal order number and purchase price in support of my claim that this CS6 install came from an actual Adobe purchase.  You can't install a copy of Photoshop with that information on hand.

I'm also aware this is a user-to-user forum and was sharing my latest experience to support what others have experienced.  Not certain why my screenshot of a generic Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service popup was removed, but there you go.

I also mentioned attempting to contact Adobe Support when this popup occurred, but it has apparently their off-hours time.

So, while I appreciate your copy-and-paste general help information, it doesn't seem to apply in this case too firmly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While phone support is only available Mon-Fri during business hours, online chat is available 24/7. 

As far as your serial number goes, you must reach out directly to customer care.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, when I tried online chat to speak with Customer Care about this issue, it specifically told me to try again during their normal hours.  That was from the page which the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service popup sent me to when I clicked on the option to contact someone regarding the issue.  See attachment.

It may be that the team which supports these issues has limited hours.Adobe support page 01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the US.   Contact Customer Care​ 

Maybe our support hours are different from yours.

I just now clicked on the Contact Us / Chat bot icon

The chat bot opens and I'm prompted to type a question.  I type AGENT followed by Enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, I am also in the USA and the general Chat capability remains available.

As I noted, this seems to be another team - with a specific authorization code I was asked to use - for the page I showed.  It's apparently the "Adobe Genuine Customer Support" team, which must have different hours of operation than general Adobe Support.

Aside and a potential short-term solution for my system:

Given that only Photoshop - not Lightroom, Illustrator or Photoshop/Premiere Elements - seemed to be triggering the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service popup, I uninstalled Photoshop CS6 and asked it to remove my Preferences, searched and deleted all references I could find to Photoshop in the Windows Registry, manually cleaned up the \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit) directory (i.e., it still had add-ons and such), then rebooted and installed CS6 from scratch with my usual license number.

Thus far, I have not encountered the Software Integrity popup again, though who knows if that might be lurking around the corner.  I will be reinstalling all my add-ons and hope that it remains solid, but since this incident I am admittedly wary of the app's trustworthiness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most software has an expected shelf life of 3-5 years beyond which nobody can predict how it will behave with new operating & file systems.  CS6 is 7 years old.

That said, restoring preferences fixes most  problems.  Hopefully that's all that is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines