Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe crashes Redshift

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I encounter a very weird situation, every time when I have any Adobe product opened such as Photoshop, Illustrator or After Effects in parallel with Cinema 4d and Redshift the interface hangs when I toggle between the views or just crashes the whole thing.

I contacted Maxon and they asked me to downgrade the versions but still are not solving the issue.

I have tried multiple versions of Cinema and Redshift along with many Nvidia drivers for Quadro RTX 5000 and no luck so far.Is weird because on my personal computer with GFX 1080TI I have no problem but when I do work on company setup I experience this kind of issues so I have to make sure all Adobe products are closed before open Cinema.

I'm wondering if someone else has this kind of issue with other Nvidia Cards.

Can be a QT library conflict? Any lead?
My setup  AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Cores   / Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000 / Driver 512.15

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is with Redshift; even they told you so. 

I contacted Maxon and they asked me to downgrade the versions but still are not solving the issue.

So how is this a bug with any Adobe product? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to understand whats wrong with any of the Adobe producs being open  in the same time. Thats all.

Why I dont experience this with other softwares?

Is a conflict betwen Adobe and Redshift?Anyone else has this issue?

Is a conflict betwen Nvidia drivers and Redshift?

Why only when  Adobe is open this thing happens?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a conflict betwen Adobe and Redshift?Anyone else has this issue?

Is a conflict betwen Nvidia drivers and Redshift?

You'll have to ask those at RedShift.

Why only when  Adobe is open this thing happens?

Well, the short answer is, a conflict by Redshift. When that isn't running, your Adobe applications are fine yes? 

There are all kinds of reasons that a product could be causing a conflict and until you dig down to what you do to cause it, and if Adobe products run fine when Redshift isn't running, there isn't much Adobe can do let alone the users who volunteer here. 

With at least Photoshop, you can try running it with GPU off (in preferences). Any difference? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like is better if I cut the GPU for Adobe.

I will try to contact Maxon again and see whats going on.

Thanks for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it.  Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thans a lot.

Thats very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines