Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe creative cloud removal

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed PS uprading from CS5.  I want nothing to do with creative cloud. I don't want it on my PC, I dont want to every be prompted to look into it when opening a file, and dont want to ever be prompted to save to it.  Is there an easy way to achieve this? 

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@toddk50352243 There is a previous answer on this question provided by Rob Cullen. Solved: Photoshop without Creative cloud? - Adobe Support Community - 11596020

AFAIK, if you purchased a subscription to Photoshop 2021, you will need an Adobe ID and the CC Desktop App to validate your subscription, activate Photoshop, and receive program updates. You do not have to use Creative Cloud app for anything else. I'm curious to know if there a specific reason as to why you are so adverse to having it? Once Photoshop is installed, you can launch Photoshop directly from a shortcut or Start menu without running the CC app (i.e., "quitting" the program). But if you want to receive updates, you'll have to fire up CC.

The Creative Cloud desktop app can only be uninstalled if all Creative Cloud apps (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro) have already been uninstalled from the system.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines