• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DNG Converter for Mobile?

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have any plans to offer the DNG Converter for iOS, Android and Chrome OS? Some of us are trying to ditch our laptops, but can't do that as long as DNG Converter is only available for Windows and Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, Lightroom Mobile has the ability to import a RAW file and export it as a dng. I just transferred a Nikon nef file to my phone, and I was able to open it in LR mobile and export it as dng or other file formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I discovered DNG Converter in 2012 when Adobe deprecated support of my Sony ARW files in Lightroom 4.0. I used it on my Windows 7 laptop until recently, but with the end of support for Windows 7 approaching, and also preferring to work on an iPad, moving forward, I'm no longer using it for Windows, hence my question. I'm also getting an Acer Chromebook Tab 10 tablet soon and I prefer Snapseed to Lightroom mobile on both iOS and Chrome OS. I did find out there is a Chrome OS compatible Android app, RAW2DNG, which I will probably be using as my substitute for DNG Converter, at least for Chrome OS, anyway. I'm thinking, also, of moving my photoediting to Chrome OS and using the iPad more for music production and video editing, so, I may wind up not needing a DNG converter for iOS, after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I convert my xmp file to a dng file? I have lightroom, not lightroom classic, and use a chrome OS. So my lightroom version is the "web" version. I need to put my "xmp" presets into lightroom but I am not sure how with this setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XMP are text files that store settings for a specific image file, normally a RAW file. Lightroom and Camera RAW will read those settings if you open/import the corresponding image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need batch conversion of .nef to .dng with specific settings. 100+ files at a time. 

if I could do this real-time during a shoot via wireless tethering to an iPad I would save hrs a day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "specific settings"?

You could get a laptop to do this I presume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines