• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE DOES NOT WORK-USELESS UNLESS YOU ARE A COMPUTER/PHOTOGRAPHY EXPERT-WASTE OF MY MONEY

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to the point video. I really like it. I just got the new PS Adobe photoshop 2022 and tried each step by step to see if it would work. It did not. It worked right up until the second I hit edit to open the blend layers and the auto align access lines. The entire scroll box was gray and unresponsive. Only got it to work once by accidently hitting something at the top of the box. When I did I finally I checked the box for stacking and hit ok. The pictures never did come up on screen side by side. Just one at a time when I swiped them from one separate stage to another. Nothing happened. I am not surprised. Nothing on one person's computer or photoshop ever works or looks the same as the people's equipment doing the tutorial. I am so glad I only bought this [inappropriate language removed] version for one month. I 've always thought these photoshops from Adobe were the worst and waste of money. You have to be a computer scientist just to complete one little simple thing. Every 2 minutes they are changing the positions of the icons, the interface, rearranging every stupid box or location of one thing or another. To the point where half the [inappropriate language removed] you find under File is now found under Edit and vice versa. Too many steps to get to what you need. Last time I will ever deal with Adobe. It is a worthless piece of hardware that only photographers and other professional computer experts can use. Adobe is not for beginners or people who are not an expert at navigating computer software like Adobe. Once something fails to work as you see on a video, you have no clue what to do in order to get it to work. And help lines are worthless. Too expensive for photo software to be this (complicated). Thank you for your video just the same. Much appreciated. But this software hasn't completed one project I have attempted and I have tried them all step by step for batdom. Simply put, this [inappropriate language removed] doesn't work. I would advise anyone here who has not bought Adobe and is not an expert to NOT buy it at all. It is too much stuff adjoined to it to be honest for the average non-professional to navigate. Try something cheaper with less bells and whistles that never function like they are supposed to. That is my honest assessment and review of Adobe. IT IS THE WORST and most useless software I have ever purchased.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

@Rudolph27310610wseg wrote:

[Photoshop] is too much stuff adjoined to it to be honest for the average non-professional to navigate. Try something cheaper with less bells and whistles...

Hi Rudolph,

It's true that Photoshop is a professional photo editing application, although many amateurs and hobbyists also use it. You might be happier with Photoshop Elements, which meets your requirements of having fewer bells and whistles as well as being less expensive. You can get a 30-day free trial her

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not bothered to read the whole of your post as its inappropriateness (and mistakes) became obvious fairly early on. 

If you actually want to trouble-shoot your problems please read on and provide meaningful descriptions and screenshots (with the pertinent Panels like Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, … visible) without confrontational attitude. 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rudolph

Welcome to this friendly forum.

You might find your rant therapeutic, but it won't help you with your issue.

You are right in the sense that Photoshop is a professional application with a steep learning curve. Although you seem to think it's crap, you should know Photoshop is the industry standard application for image editing with many thousands of satisfied users. 

So if you want to continue using Photoshop, relax and let the good people, who are volunteers on the forum, help you. I've tried to unpick your post and you seem to be complaining about a training video; can you give us a link to it so we can see if we can help you?

It would also help if you stated the (exact) version of Photoshop and OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would advise anyone here who has not bought Adobe and is not an expert to NOT buy it at all. It is too much stuff adjoined to it to be honest for the average non-professional to navigate. Try something cheaper with less bells and whistles that never function like they are supposed to. That is my honest assessment and review of Adobe. IT IS THE WORST and most useless software I have ever purchased.

By @Rudolph27310610wseg

Sorry, but you have not bought Adobe. Adobe is a company, not a product. But if you are talking about Adobe Photoshop, I know several average non-professionals who are very happy with Photoshop. 

But I have good news for you: you don't have bought Photoshop, you have subscribed to Photoshop. Easy: cancel your subscription (timely). 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe (community forums):
"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user to user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:

If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you so by following these guidelines:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idc-p/12932310#M...

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

IOW, your rant isn't getting any attention here from anyone but users who volunteer to HELP other users. Keep that in mind IF you really want us to help! 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rudolph27310610wseg wrote:

[Photoshop] is too much stuff adjoined to it to be honest for the average non-professional to navigate. Try something cheaper with less bells and whistles...

Hi Rudolph,

It's true that Photoshop is a professional photo editing application, although many amateurs and hobbyists also use it. You might be happier with Photoshop Elements, which meets your requirements of having fewer bells and whistles as well as being less expensive. You can get a 30-day free trial here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/buy-elements.html

(Scroll to the bottom of the page for the trial.)

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines