• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop 2022 continuously freezing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have this issue when using the 7-day trial, it only happened when I purchased a subscription.

I have tried everything from updating all of my computer drivers, restarting my computer and changing the preferences on the software more times today than I have the entire year. I have completely given up, i am going to cancel my subscription and uninstall the software. I don't think there's a solution for this, just the generic "UpDaTe YoUr Pc, ChAnGe pReFeReNcEs".

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

hello

I wrote the above in anger and off the backlash from spending 4 hours reading every community support advice..

It turns out I just needed to use a slightly older version of Adobe Photoshop which is compatible with my graphics card

A lovely assistant called Somya helped me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the freezing issue experienced.
Would you mind sharing the Photoshop version and your system specification? 

Do we have any workflow as and when you see the lag or is it in general?
What changes have you done to the preferences? Did you try re-installing it?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I wrote the above in anger and off the backlash from spending 4 hours reading every community support advice..

It turns out I just needed to use a slightly older version of Adobe Photoshop which is compatible with my graphics card

A lovely assistant called Somya helped me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT:

The problem cameback, downloaded an older version of photoshop and it seemed to run smoothly whilst I was using screenshare with a technician.. 

But the problem persists, Adobe freezing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have experienced a similar problem, have you managed to fix it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are experiencing app freezes all the time when using either Photoshop 2022 or Lightroom Classic 2022 latest versions (23.3.2 and 11.3.1) do not waste time and mind health troubleshooting Adobe's apps.

All the proposed fixes ar crap.

The reason for the freezes is related to the Windows 10 multiple display setup app.

I usually use a 24" display with my Dell laptop as primary and the laptop's display as secondary.

But this weekend I got an extra 24" display.

So, I connected to the laptop through the HDMI port of a USB-C Hub.

Since my current desk is too small for a three-display setup, I disconnected physically the third display after playing with it a few hours.

But I didin't disconnect it through the Windows multiple display app.

That is when the freezes started.

I connected the third display again, wnet to the display setup app, diconnected the third display through 

the app and then physically disconnected it.

And the freezes are gone!!!

BINGO!!!

Hope this is useful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am not an expert person in this matter. But I have a solution for you because the same issue happened to me. After that, I did a Google search and found this. The issue is fixed after applying the process mentioned there. I just updated the Graphics driver. I think you should update the graphics driver. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a system report so we can see what tech specs your computer has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
All sorted, just upgraded my pc

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines