• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop 2022 version runs slow on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop was working fine while I had the previous version but yesterday I updated to 2022 and now my laptop completly freezes when I open 1 picture, not even talking about layers. Anyone? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Iv

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2022 on your Windows laptop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers specifications?

Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer along with the latest drivers. You can also try optimizing the Preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

If the issue persists, try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, relaunch Photoshop & let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes my version is 23.0.1

My computer specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHz

RAM 8 GB 64 bits OS

I've tried to optimize my computer, the 2021 version worked fine.. however after I updated the progam is so slow that I can't do literally nothing. How can I get back the older version? Apperantly I did not retain my previous version. Can you provide me a link to the older version from where I can download it?

Thanks,
Iveta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes my version is 23.0.1

My computer specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHz

RAM 8 GB 64 bits OS

I've tried to optimize my computer, the 2021 version worked fine.. however after I updated the progam is so slow that I can't do literally nothing. How can I get back the older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, i've check this link and apperantly I did not retain my previous version. Can you provide me a link to the older version from where I can download it?

Thanks,

Iveta 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you referring to, there should be 3 versions available from the Creative Cloud app, version 22.2, 22.5.2 and 23.0.1

Did you follow the instructions

2021-11-12 14_47_42-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i did and I do not have "Older versions"option...see attached. The version that is currently installed on my computer is 23.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a student account by any chance, also check in the Creative Cloud app settings to make sure "Show Older Versions" is enabled

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am Ged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to contact your IT department or whoever looks after the administration of the Creative Cloud apps, they should be able to make the older versions available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes , I am facing similar issues.Photoshop 2022 is giving me a lot of problems.It hangs, it takes forever to do things.. It is unbelievably slow sometimes... I am fed up... I have updated it and still the problems persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the same problem. After the last update, Photoshop began to work very slowly. At the same time, the task manager does not show any significant load on the system: processor utilization is about 2-4%, memory - 37%, disk - about 0-1%, GPU - 3-7%. The slowdown is drastically noticeable because I work on similar files every day.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64,0 GB
Total Physical Memory 63,9 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to version 23.1.1 and everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the same and it worked as well. Thank you for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me. I think there is something going on with 23.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same case on v23.2.2

The Title tool is bugging

Move objects is so slow

and the worst part is the brush tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. PS CC 2022 is so slow so I rather use much faster and reliable CS6. The only reason to open the laggy buggy 2022 is to use image resizing 2.0. This is a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines