• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator 2021 crashing my iMac (macOS 11.5) after saving due to Kernel Panic

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I save in photoshop and now in illustrator my iMac (2020) crashes and restarts saying because of kernel panic, my iMac is on big sur version 11.5 and all Adobe is updated to 2021 versions.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kernel panic could be caused by bad installs, external drives, etc. 

Try uninstalling your Creative Cloud, then running the cleaner tool and do a full reinstall. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin Thank you for the reply, I'll try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble due to the iMac crashing because of a Kernel Panic while using Photoshop & Illustrator. As Kevin suggested, a Kernel Panic may occur due to a bad installation, hardware issues or drivers, etc. Would you mind confirming if the issue started after the latest macOS update (11.5) or were you facing this issue prior to the update as well?

If re-installing the apps as suggested by Kevin doesn't help, please check out: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchlp2890/mac

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, this issue started around October of 2020 on the most recent version, can't remember what one it was exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines