Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Connection SDK up-to-date documentation

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use Adobe Photoshop Connection SDK and I'm having trouble finding an up-to-date documentation (I'm using Photoshop 23.5.1).

I downloaded the SDK from the official source, but the main page (located at /connectionsdk/documentation/pages/index.html) seems to be outdated (for example most of the referenced event are not triggering in my version of PS and from my experiments the main event triggered now is "imageChanged").
The github repo: https://github.com/adobe-photoshop/generator-core/wiki/Photoshop-Kevlar-API-Additions-for-Generator seems to be the most up-to-date resource, but only contains examples.

Do you have an up-to-date documentation for the Connection SDK ?

Thanks

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is painfully slow in updating any of their SDKs. I think, as you found, looking on sites like Github are your best bet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

TLDR: Can I expect Adobe Connection SDK to work in future versions of Photoshop and bugs to be fixed ?

I need my application to be synchronized with Photoshop at all time e.g. get notified when a document is modified in Photoshop (even if the document is not saved), and retrieve the pixels forming the new image as the user sees it on the screen.

I investigated a couple of options from Photoshop's toolkits, and evaluated that the Connection SDK would fit my needs. However I noticed that the docs are outdated (see this post), and that provided sample only partially working. I also found very few applications using this feature (I believe that it was mostly developped for Photoshop Touch which is discontinued).

Despite this, I found no mention of this SDK being deprecated and I made a prototype that works well except for a bug causing PS to crash on close when the TCP connection is still active when clausing PS (This is also causing a crash in the sample code provided in the SDK). I'm currently talking to support for this bug.

Here are my questions:
- Can I expect the Connection SDK to still work in the long run and these bugs to be fixed?
- Should I use another SDK for this use case (I believe that I could watch for document changes with UXP and call a C++ plugin that would send the image using TCP) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines