• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Not Responding Very High Power Usage

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people have asked the same question (or variant) that I am asking below and it never really gets answered completely or resolved and then the threads are locked so no one can ask for more clarification or help.

I checked task manager and it says that shows that Adobe Photoshop has VERY HIGH POWER USAGE, and it says that cpu and memory are both under 30% utilization.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a problem with your computer that this is a concern?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. There is nothing wrong with my computer, and there were so many people in the same situation as me. Some people replied with some methods, but none of them worked.

https://www.zhihu.com/question/404651712

https://forum.xitek.com/thread-1888212-1-1-1.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They got the same problem, even though the computers they use are high performance.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-high-power-usage/5291ef3b-e3a1-4bfc-b771-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again - what is the "problem"? Is this causing a lag or slowdown on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for making it complicated. The problem is Adobe Photoshop not responding and unable to save anything. This happens a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has nothing to do with the power usage. It's a red herring. 

What are your specs?

Specific Photoshop version, Computer OS, HD space, RAM, Video Cards, VRAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specific Photoshop version —— Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

Computer OS —— Windows 10

HD space —— Samsung MZVLB512HAJQ-00000 512 GB

RAM —— Kingston DDR4 2666MHz 32 GB

Video Cards —— Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 / 6 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reason you haven't upgraded to CC2020 or CC2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another guy said that updating won't help.

I changed the version to cs 6 and it almost never crash again.

Thanks, any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your choice but you should at least attempt to install CC2020 and see if the issue persists. CS6 is no longer supported and will eventually be unusable. 

You should install 2020 (you can keep your other version installed) and give more specifics on what is happening besides the vague "not responding or saving anything" and we can give you detailed steps to take to resolve. 

There is no major roadblock for using Photoshop CC2020 or 2021 given your computer specs, so it could be something as simple as a preference or setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have the same problem, and I did update Photoshop and it was worse on every newer version, now I am stuck on 21.2.12 and it somewhat works until it just freeze and now I cannot zoom, cannot paint or move just save and Alt+F4 and reopen it again. It is very frustrating and I think its bug with graphic card driver or similar since many fetures that use graphic accelration and such are not working properrly or are lagging. Its so frustrating and I deeply regret updating Photoshp. Graphic card is GeForce RTX 2060, Windows 10 and drivers all updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than 1 graphic card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

For now it seems to work when I disable this, many people have same problem for over a year and for some this is solution https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-2020-canvas-quot-freezes-qu... I hope it will last for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem and it always freeze i can move the cursor but i cannot click any function or save the file im working on

.it persistent in version 2020 2021 2022 i try them all and its there .it happen when i select a portion of my canvas and drag it to another canvas it freeze .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.PNG

there is no way out but to force to end process and restart photoshop and lossing your work.

very annoying.Capture11.PNGCaptu11re.PNGCa1.PNG

i know you are gonna ask for my cpu spec. and blame it because its not cutting edge. but if other high end computer experience this then something is wrong here .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using a different machine and still crashing Screenshot 2021-12-20 205553.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-20 2058213.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-20 2055531.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-20 205553.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I here? Same issue.
Editing a simple PNG can cause unresponsive Photoshop. Win 11, Asus computer, Geforce.

And yes, Power Usage jumps high when the freeze happens. Nothing else seems to get involved. Only hard Task Manager kill of Photoshop closes the program.

(I've disabled some GeForce involving GPU usage, no help)
(I've yet to install NVivida Studio Drivers, let's see)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooooo.... damn... has this been fixed? Using the latest as of 3-12-2022 and PS is hosed. Opened a simple file I was working on yesterday and it's busted. Very High CPU for ZERO reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening the file, it's fine for 5 seconds, then the screen blackens, blinks, recovers and the PS playing field is hosed and hung up. Problem with playing nice with NVidia drivers I'm guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continually have the same problem. Everything works fine for a little while and then if I use the Rectangular Marquee tool everything just stops working.  I can move the cursor, and the same problem as everyone else, the Power Usage is High.  The only way to re-start PS is to End Task. I am losing a lot of work.  This has been going on for around 6 months. I have a new PC now with a Fresh install and it still has the same problem.  It just takes a little longer for the problem to start.  Once it starts, it crashes every time I use the Rectangular Marquee tool.  I have 2 Radeon 540 Display  cards in the PC and 32 GB Ram. Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz, running Windows 11 Pro 21H2. DELL OPTIPLEX 7090

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing on 24.1 - still happen some time.  Great job, Adobe, very stable product quality - very same bugs for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check for a Known issue in Photoshop.
Force quit and restart Photoshop or restart your computer.
Update Photoshop to the latest version.
Reset Photoshop's preferences.
Troubleshoot GPU and graphics driver.
Keep your macOS or Windows operating system up to date.

Greetings,
James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Keep these settings, it should solve the issue

and don't worry if some of the settings are grayed out at step 8

Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines