• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop scratch disks are not showing up.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Device: Windows 10 Surface Pro

Program: Adobe Photoshop 22

Problem: I only see one scratch disk, no external drives I inserted to computer 

I am on Adobe photoshop 22 and I want to switch my scratch disk from my default disk to an external Flash disk (SanDisk Ultra 128gb). I have tried to insert it multiple times, restart photoshop, restart my computer, format it to NTFS and NOTHING works. The only thing I haven't tried is to format flash disk to mac os extended (journaled) because there are no vidoes on how to do that on Windows 10. I have ran out of ideas and I dont know what to do, can someone please help me figure out why my flash disk is still not showing?

I have attached photos of what I see:

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to help you figure that out.

Could you please share the specific version of Photoshop you are using from Help > About Photoshop? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Please manually reset Photoshop:

• Go to the following location by pressing Windows + R > %appdata% > OK
  • Adobe > Adobe Photoshop <version> find and rename the folder called Adobe Photoshop 2022 as Adobe Photoshop 2022.OLD (add .OLD).
  • This will reset & backup Photoshop's preferences and settings. This can be reversed by removing the '.old'.

Check this article to know more: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Generally, on Windows, NTFS, exFAT & FAT32 are supported as scratch disks. The drive is also recognized as a backup drive, which might cause Photoshop not to read this drive. Please try this with a nonbackup drive. Please now Thumb Drives & USB 2.0 drives are not recommended as scratch disks.

Please go through this article to learn more about setting up scratch disks in Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

We hope this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI I'm having a problem using an external exFAT formatted drive as a scratch disk - in Preferences, the drive doesn't appear as an option. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines