• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop showing same disk space for internal and external scratch disk

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to switch scratch disks, Photoshop shows me that I have the same amount of disk space on my Glyph external drive as I do my laptop's internal drive. I have over 200Gb of space on my Glyph drive as opposed to less than 7 Gb available on my computer's hard drive.

I'm running Big Sur version 11.6.1 on my MacBook Pro and am running the 23.5.1 release of Adobe Photoshop.

I didn't always have this issue with Photoshop before and was able to use my Glyph drive as a scratch disk, even with back-ups saved to my Glyph. 

My Mac seems to be showing the correct amount of disk space on my Glyph, so I imagine there is a bug in Photoshop or perhaps an incompatibility issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac Finder and PS reporting differing sizes for disk space isn't new or anything to worry about. 

The amount of free space on a scratch disk while Photoshop is running isn't 'accurate' either, as there are invisible files for the scratch utilized. 

It's not a bug, it's to be expected and further, the best approach is to ignore what 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when I select to use my Glyph external drive as a scratch disk, I still get the "Scratch disk full" message as I do when I select my laptop's hard drive. So, it doesn't seem to work any more effectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-scratch-disk-is-full.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines