Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Actual problem from user updated by moderator]

A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM:
Browswe is chrome
Operateing System is windows 10

1. Log into ADOBIE.COM at 9:06am
2. Window emediatly pops up and says "Verify Your Identity. Enter the code we sent you."
3. Check the email listed on the pop up, the email with the code is there.
4. Enter the code
5. I am now loged in
6. Go to view account
7. Select "access your apps and services"
8. Click "install photoshop"
9. Pop up asking "allow cc to open links of this type." I click open
10. it says "Photoshop is installing."
11. When I click the rainbow colord cc ikon at the botom of my screen, a window emediatly pops up and says "Verify Your Identity. Enter the code we sent you."
12. At this point the fun starts
13 No code ever arrives to the email acct listed on the pop up
14. When I click "resend" the following error code appears, in the pop up window, below the boxes where you would enter the code. "An error has occurred. Please try another method to receive the code."
15. It is now 9:42 and no code has arrived
16. I can see the earlier emails that deliverd the earlier codes but I see no new email delivering a code and no other method to aquire a code presents itself.

Now I will do three things.
1. Restart computer
2. Clear browser cache
3. Go through process again noteing any ambiguous boxes that need to be checked that I missed.

Does anyone have any questions or input?

Thanks for your help in advance.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , iPadOS , macOS , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

IT WORKS NOW.

I have no explination why. I did nothing toay I havent already done in the last week.

Hope it keeps working.

Thanks for leting me vent guys!

You intemidated the thing into working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your point is well taken and most of us sure wish things were better, but generally it would just be more useful if you explained your issue instead of venting your frustrations. Yes, it sucks, but that unfortunately is what happens at big companies. The people being responsible for a mess are not necessarily the ones who have to clean it up. All we can do is try to help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responce.

Let me get my feet back under me, get my wits and I will describe the problem.

I would have thought it a two miniute tec call.

Apriciate your cooler head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe (community forums):
"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user to user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:

If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you so by following these guidelines:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idc-p/12932310#M...

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

"We" are not Adobe. "We" can try to help you once you get beyond the general rant and ask for help from us. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it, Thank you for all the replys.

Give me a bit to cool down and I will post a description of the problem.

Im a reasonably patient guy but ight now I am not in the mood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration. However its not just Adobe, seems is every larg company in the world, from Airbnb, to Uber to Adobe... they all try to save money by using Customer Support in India, Phillippines, etc. Many times it takes 30 minutes before they even understand the question. And then they pass it on to a new rep. Extremely frustrating. This forum however is loaded with Adobe Employees, Adobe Community Experts, Adobe Certified instructors, and more.... so you will probably get pretty decent help here. Deep breaths!

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you have described the problem perfectly. Can you remember over 15 years ago when corporations started offshoreing almost everything job they could?   Afew of us were talking about the consiquinces and nobody cared. They could not see past the dollar signs. 

let me work on a descrition of the problem this morning and I will post it.  Just a bit wore out by customer service depts. Been working with my hosting company Godaddy fxing a badly proformed transfer of a domain name from register.com,   Sudenlink trying to get a static IP assigned to the office here and Axis Communications to trouble shoot an NVR server after Suden Link reasigned the third static IP. The guy cant understand it is not a static ip if it keeps changeing.

None of the above is anything but customer support and finding the right settings and it has been going on since last Monday.

The guy laughing just gently nudged me right over the edge.

I am woking on a description of the problem now, will post it soon. It cant be more than a 2 miniute fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM:

Browswe is chrome

Operateing System is windows 10

1. Log into ADOBIE.COM at 9:06am
2. Window emediatly pops up and says "Verify Your Identity. Enter the code we sent you."
3. Check the email listed on the pop up, the email with the code is there.
4. Enter the code
5. I am now loged in
6. Go to view account
7. Select "access your apps and services"
8. Click "install photoshop"
9. Pop up asking "allow cc to open links of this type." I click open
10. it says "Photoshop is installing."
11. When I click the rainbow colord cc ikon at the botom of my screen, a window emediatly pops up and says "Verify Your Identity. Enter the code we sent you."

12. At this point the fun starts
13 No code ever arrives to the email acct listed on the pop up
14. When I click "resend" the following error code appears, in the pop up window, below the boxes where you would enter the code.  "An error has occurred. Please try another method to receive the code."
15. It is now 9:42 and no code has arrived

16. I can see the earlier emails that deliverd the earlier codes but I see no new email delivering a code and no other method to aquire a code presents itself.

Now I will do three things.

1. Restart computer

2. Clear browser cache

3. Go through process again noteing any ambiguous boxes that need to be checked that I missed.

Does anyone have any questions or input?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO idea what this code is or where it came from or how it is accessed through your browser (and you can try another); I'd say ignore this and if you want to install Photoshop (or update), do this ALL from the Adobe Creative Cloud application. Yes, you will need to log into your actual Adobe account from that application at the start. This is where updates and new versions of Adobe software are provided. 

More here: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html

If you can, provide us a screen capture of this web site asking for this code. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code comes from ADOBE.

Yes you are exackly right, loging in the first time is not the issue. Two part verification works perfectly there. The trouble starts with the two part verification when I try to download the app.

Customer care told me to initiate 2 pqrt verification yesterday, and I cant explain why it works at login and then does not work at the application download stage once inside the application.

The process gets hung up during the two part verification while trying to update the aplications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process gets hung up during the two part verification while trying to update the aplications.

By @271410

You do not HAVE to have this two part verification, you download the app via the Creative Cloud app, you can go into your account and add multiple emails for any verification etc. 

You can keep going down this rabbit hole or you can try using the correct application to install Photoshop; your call. 

I'll ask again then move on: If you can, provide us a screen capture of this web site asking for this code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IT WORKS NOW.

I have no explination why. I did nothing toay I havent already done in the last week.

Hope it keeps working.

Thanks for leting me vent guys!

You intemidated the thing into working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe (community forums):
"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user to user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:

If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you so by following these guidelines:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idc-p/12932310#M...

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-website/idi-p/12386378

"We" are not Adobe. "We" can try to help you once you get beyond the general rant and ask for help from us. 

By @TheDigitalDog

Thanks for taht help. Stcuk from week here and not enough know how i present my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines