• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After opening a file in PS, I have to click on the image before PS responds to commands. Annoying.

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening any file in PS, I have to click on the image before PS responds to commands. It didn't used to respond that way and I'd like to once again open a file and select image size, or print, or whatever, but unless I click someplace on the image, PS doesn't respond. I'm running the latest version of PS on an iMac, OS 12.4. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling PS and recently had my system replaced by Apple for an unrelated issue. But the problem was already happening before that reinstall. Thank you. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ellenl16328807, sorry to hear this. It is possible that in all the changes/updates the prefernces have become corrupt.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi if you are using a new version try to make sure all versions of adobe are the same or maybe it's a bug all issues are on notice of the adobe team hope to be fixed soon...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines