• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Resetting Preferences, text turning into glyphs

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reset my Photoshop Preferences to troubleshoot a missing context menu (15 minutes ago). After I restarted Photoshop, my text started freaking out. 

When I copy this text frame from another file...

LauraShanaePhotography_1-1656536277604.png

It appears to paste normally, but then when I select the text box to adjust the type, it turns into gibberish glyphs:

LauraShanaePhotography_0-1656536176121.png

Furthermore, if I try to type an apostrophe [ ' ] it won't type any more text. There may be more text behavior issues. This is just what I've noticed so far. Help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LauraShanaePhotography 

Hi Laura,

A glyph is a single representation of a character and could be an a or a semicolon. These are not the glyphs that you want.

https://fonts.google.com/knowledge/glossary/glyph

The first thing to check is to select the text and open the Character panel (Window menu). What is the Typeface? Change to something very common such as Arial and see it your word comes back.

If it does, change it back to the typeface you want to use (or another one), and look in the panel menu to see what is checked. Show a screen shot of your selected text with the character panel and panel menu if you don't see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Possibly somewhat OT: I've seen weird stuff that no one wants to acknowledge, but it's only with the Myriad VC font:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/does-a-variable-concept-font-not-do-quot-spe...

The issues just might be related though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines