• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After update photoshop 21.2.2 pen pressure not working

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I updated Photoshop 21.2.2 may wacom pen presurre not working. I use PSUserConfig and nothing. I use new drivers Wacom and nothing.

I have to back to old version and pen pressure is ok. Strange.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi Michal,

You can remove the PSUserConfig file if you are using it only to configure WinTab with Photoshop because that will not give you good results. Enable the WindowInk option in Wacom settings and let us know if that helps. 

Thanks,

Mohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest versions are designed to work with Windows Ink. So remove the PSUserConfig.txt file and in Wacom tablet properties check Windows Ink.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok its works... thanks 😉 ... but Im lost all custom settigs keybords and workspaces ... aaaaa 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but now I see alt menu wrrrr how turn off this menu ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to go to back to the previous behaviour (without Windows Ink)? It was working better on my PC, no crash, less lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Dave. I followed all the steps here. I removed the PSUSerConfig file, and added PhotoShop to the Wacom "Application" tab, but I'm still not getting any results. Everything was working smoothly in the last version (even without the need for the PSUSerConfig file, if I remember correctly).Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Windows Ink is a plague and has been for years. Reverting to previous version and restoring preferences...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every update is new adventure for me 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michal,

You can remove the PSUserConfig file if you are using it only to configure WinTab with Photoshop because that will not give you good results. Enable the WindowInk option in Wacom settings and let us know if that helps. 

Thanks,

Mohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

In that case all sliders in Photoshop start to lag as in Lightroom. Wacom becomes pretty useless for Adobe applications in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately activating windows ink and deleting PSUserConfig breaks the functionality for wacom in every other pressure sensitive software (such as ZBrsuh and Substance in my case).
Best option is revert to previous Photoshop version and disable automatic updates. Hope Adobe can patch this up to keep using the PSUserConfig file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Unfortunately activating windows ink and deleting PSUserConfig breaks the functionality for wacom in every other pressure sensitive software (such as ZBrsuh and Substance in my case)."

No it doesn't - Wacom tablet properties allow you to set Windows Ink use by application.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the PSUserconfig file and reenabling Windows Ink works, but this also creates a situation where every time a modifier key is pressed (ALT, CTRL, SHIFT) a little text box shows up underneath the pointer. If you paint in in PS this is incredibly annoying. I don't know yet what else this latest update has broken with the new Windows Ink compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, it manifests itself with laggy slider control in LR and no pen pressure in PS. Turning off windows ink for LR overcomes the lag with sliders. But pen pressure in Photoshop will not work. I'm sure that sometime today I did manage to get pen pressure to work in PS but it didn't stick and I dont remember what I tweaked to get it to operate. Frustration to say the least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Wacom properties you can turn Windows Ink on/off by application so set it on for Photoshop (and remove PSUserConfig.txt) and turn it off for Lightroom

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, one of the issues I had was that for some reason Win10 wouldn't update to the latest driver (6.3.40-2). I unistalled the tablet and associated drivers. The ran the Wacom Driver utillity without the tablet connected. Now Win10 knows I have the latest driver. At the moment everything seems to work as I want it to including disabling Windows Ink in LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a windowink choice in wacom settings. I have a macbook pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat, 21.2.2 seems to have broken pen pressure. All the comments on this I find are mentioning Windows Ink but on my office PC we're still on Windows 7. Is there another fix that doesn't involve Ink? Wacom driver is up to date (6.3.40-2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install the latest update to version 21.2.3. 

You can use PSUserConfig and disabling Windows Ink! 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-21-2-3-is-now-available/td-p/11419886?page=1

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me, it takes me to the site with the update of this version, but there is no place to download it (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thers's no link available to download older version of CC apps. Adobe has removed the links to older versions from their public websites.  

You can install only the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. For versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, you have to contact adobe support for the appropriate links.

This can be done by chat or phone.

Chat: Use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
In the chat field (lower right), type AGENT and then 
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

Phone: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines