• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After update "Quick export" is very slow, like 2-3 minutes for the dialogue box to pop up

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter how big or small the file size is, I'm currently working on a 1mb file with 3 artboards

Previously this was a very quick task:  File > Export > Quick Export > and done

Since I've updated to the latest PS doing a quick export takes 1-3 minutes for anything to happen. Normally this was practically instananeous.

Are there some settings I need to update? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Callingoutn3rds 

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

A few quick questions:

How much scratch disk is available? Are you working with PSD/PSB files? Are you using an external hard drive?

If you're working with PSD files, save time on file saving by disabling compression on them. This will make the files larger, but they'll save faster. For that, go to the File Handling tab of your Photoshop preferences and check the Disable Compression of PSD Files option.

Let us know if it helps.

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I have over half my disk space / scratch disk space free
  • I use dropbox as a file drive, no internet drive
  • I just turned off compression and it made zero difference

Just to clarify again, this started happening ONLY after the recent update. My PC setup should make zero difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really mean Quick Export, a dialog will only come up if you set it to ask where to save every time (in preferences). If not, it will just export without any dialogs appearing.

If you mean regular Export, what is the size in pixels of the original file? Is it a complex file with many layers/smart objects and so on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do mean quick export, but I only recently changed from regular Export so I forgot there is no dialogue box. The "Quick export" takes 1-3 minutes for anything to happen. This was practically instant before the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but still, what is the size and structure of the original?

If it's a big and complex file, loading the export module will take time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a PSD file with artboards

It's 240mb

I just deleted all but one artboard and shrunk the file size down to 24mb 

It still takes around a minute for the export to complete.

Quick export has basically become completely unusable if this is not fixable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record I had exported this exact same file on the previous PS version and it was practically instant (as you'd expect from a function called "Quick Export").

Most files I was previously exporting were much bigger and much more complex than this current file and would also export practically instantly.

So it definitely seems like a photoshop update issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any suggestions?

any update?

any fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty amazing the "experts" didnt know anything except trying to gaslight as if its a "me" problem - meanwhile the "Related conversations" solved it immediately. 

Thank you @BrettN for being competent! 

Maybe others can stop pretending photoshop is perfect and its always user error even though there are dozens of people with the EXACT SAME issue always after an upadte.

Next time someone comes to the forum complaining about the quick export being broken, now you know, just tell me them  to check Legacy export. 

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem since the update. Can you link to the answer that solved the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it was this post here:
Solved: Photoshop slow to quick export after update past v... - Adobe Support Community - 12624118

Preferences > Export > Check legacy option

Basically every "new and improved" feature they roll out seems to be broken. I have like a dozen "Use legacy" options checked because of the incompetent updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, I fixed it. OMG :(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version is 24.3.0, The problem is still unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is quickly becoming useless. Every "legacy" option needs to be checked and even then, we get unvoidable issues. 

Try this:
Preferences > Export > Check legacy option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. I use "Quick Export" a lot for small graphics (smaller than 1 MB). It was fast, but since the last updates, when I exported for the first time, it took 5-10 seconds to save the file!!! The next exporting time gets less time! I checked the "Legacy" in preferences, but no difference.

Adobe is blowing Ps just with garbage AI stuff! 😑

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines