• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Updating to Photoshop v20.0 it now crawls

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Updating to Photoshop v20.0 it now crawls, opening files, saving files, transformations, cropping files, almost anything makes Photoshop come to a crawl. I use photoshop professionally so I had to revert to Photoshop 19.6 and everything works fine. Let's go photoshop, fix it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Hi Mountart,

I  was incorrect in calling this CS as in the past should be CC. Sorry I do not have CS2019 at work, but this is the traditional location for many versions.

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 9.16.19 AM.png

Search on you drive for "Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings" folder or just "CC 2019" incase they renamed folder slightly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you on?

When upgrading to CC2019 click on advanced options and uncheck remove old versions.

09ae2634f2e5b5d4075cbc3a6254fae3.jpg

Does both cc2018 & c2019 run slow. Then lets l reset the OOBE in step 5.

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac High Sierra 10.33.6. I am able to access the previous Photoshop cc208. Photoshop CC 2018 runs great. CC2019 crawls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok good, stay on High Sierra, Mojave has some issues that are worth waiting for an update to Mac OS or Adobe.

Lets reset your prefs

Quit Photoshop

Finder (Hold down Option) Go >> Library

More thorough Reset your preferences.

HD\Users\(user name)\Library\Preferences\Adobe Photoshop CS2019 Settings

rename this folder to Adobe Photoshop CC 20198 Settings-old

Reset your other preferences

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS2019/

rename Adobe Photoshop CS2019 to Adobe Photoshop CS2019-old

Aldo run applications > disk utiltiy and fix any issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, there is no Adobe CS2019 Settings folder in this location to rename... HD\Users\(user name)\Library\Preferences\Adobe Photoshop CS2019 Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mountart,

I  was incorrect in calling this CS as in the past should be CC. Sorry I do not have CS2019 at work, but this is the traditional location for many versions.

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 9.16.19 AM.png

Search on you drive for "Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings" folder or just "CC 2019" incase they renamed folder slightly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It just crawls. All the time. For no reason. you'd think after 30+ years and billions in revenue this wouldnt be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines