• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI's Guidelines

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a dedicated wedding and boudoir photographer, I greatly appreciate the innovative features that Photoshop offers, particularly the AI functionality. It has been an invaluable tool in my workflow, allowing me to efficiently remove unwanted items from the background of my images, thus enhancing the overall aesthetic and ensuring a seamless final product for my clients.

However, I keep encountering a significant limitation with the AI feature that has hindered its usability in my line of work and I am really frustrated. It has come to my attention that the current guidelines restrict the use of AI when processing images containing women's bodies in lingerie. According to these guidelines, AI will not generate any edits in such cases, effectively rendering the feature unusable for a significant portion of my photographic work.

While I understand the importance of responsible usage guidelines, I believe that the current restrictions are unnecessarily limiting and fail to account for the diverse needs of photographers working in various genres and styles. Boudoir photography, like any other form of art, deserves to benefit from the technological advancements that software such as Photoshop offers, without arbitrary constraints that inhibit its creative potential.

What are you guys going to do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature Requests (Idea) and Bug Reports are registered at Adobe, otherwise this is essentially a user Forum, though thankfully some Adobe employees do occasionally chime in.

So you are not talking to Adobe, but other Photoshop users. 

Feel free to post a Feature Request, but please do a search first and if one that reflects your wishes already exists add your support to that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work-around you can try blacking out the »offending« content on an additional Layer, work atop that and remove it when the background-edits are done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe cannot afford to allow any sort of "lewd" imagery to be generated by its AI for various reasons. It is what it is.

I don't think that will change anytime soon, if ever.

One alternative is to forego Photoshop's and Firefly's AI options, and install Krita with its AI plugin. It's open source and free, doesn't limit prompts, and generally delivers better results than Photoshop's AI. It does run locally, so a good graphics card (Nvidia) or a fast M2 Mac is required.

If your machine is up to it, check out the introduction video on how to install it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiKR_TrMioI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines