• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aligning two layers frequently off by 5 pixels in one direction. Fixable with arrow keys but annoyed

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a real estate photographer and my family team edits about 100 photos each day.. During our editing process we apply perspective corrections so in post-edit to make additional adjustments we frequently use luminence masking using one of our exposures. Before we apply the mask we have to align layers. About 1 in 10 times we have to manually shift the aligned layer over by 5 pixels. It's not always the same direction, usually left or right but occasionally up or down. It seems like a bug in the fact that it occurs so commonly and at 5-7 pixels distance every single time. It also seems like a bug because I can manually fix it by simply using the arrow keys to move the layer over aligning the entire image perfectly. This happens regardless the resolution, or camera / drone shots we bracket.  This has been happening since I converted to using Photoshop for everything we do about 2 years ago. 

Across 6 different computer setups we've used this occurs. So system information isn't relevant. Version of PS is not relevant as it's occured over every update the past 2 years we've been using PS.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find an "edit" option. Not that it really matters but I meant to say 200 not 100 photos a day. That's about 10-20 photos per day though we have to correct. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific about your steps and/or provide source images to go along with the steps to reproduce? Post a URL to the files using CC files or dropbox, or something similar to share files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cyAubpQCPHBEVwW0EUYuqEsicUEuqxM4?usp=sharing

It seems that the vast majority of the time this happens is when I'm HDR merging exposures that need aligned in Photomatix and using that image to align an exposure to. Here's an example from today where we took a handheld photo using our Canon R5 with the IBIS on.  Even with IBIS on you still need to use alignment when merging the exposures or they don't line up perfectly. This is the same for when we use our drone to capture multiple brackets. So to summarize, I'm trying to align a single SOOC exposure onto an image that was created using 5 brackets merged and aligned in Photomatix. I can see how the warping done by Photomatix can throw off the photoshop process but what strikes me as odd is that it's actually perfect, except off 4-7 pixels in one direction. For this example I just had to arrow right the exposure 4 times  to make it align perfeclty. So we do this about 5-10 times a day every single day. Sometimes its up, down, right or left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines