We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I just updated my relatively old PS version to the newest (22.3.1) via the Creative Cloud App. Right after that I noticed that my Photoshop will crash everytime I start it, or randomly when I try to open a file.
After some tests with other 22.x versions this exact problem happens for all the 22.x versions for me.
I have already tried to remove the complete PS settings folder in the Application Support folder, set font preview to none etc.. None of that helped.
I then tried to install the oldest possible version, which is 21.2.7. That is the only working version for me.
I am running macOS 11.2.3.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Copy link to clipboard
We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.x on your Mac. Please try the steps mentioned below:
1. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.
3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.
5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.
If the issue persists, please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop 2021 by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.
Thank you for your answer.
Full Disk access and adding PS to the accessibility list did the trick.
Thanks again 🙂
Did not help with constant crashing when trying to Open Photoshop under Catalina.
Sorry SchumisKinn I was trying to reply to nikunj.m
I was very hopeful and tried your solution. Granting full disk access and accessibility didn't make a difference. It is not possible to disable "use graphics processor" because PS hangs on opening making access to preferences unattainable.
I'm in the middle of a PS course and need a solution. Any other suggestions?
W'ere sorry that the suggested steps didn't help. You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3
Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG
Let us know how it goes!
i am having the exact same issues. This version should come with its own warning
Copy link to clipboard
None of the 22.x.x versions worked for me and kept freezing. Try installing the 21.2.9 version. I did and it works.
This is what I had to do. I've had to abandon 22.x for now. It's just not working.