We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I just updated my relatively old PS version to the newest (22.3.1) via the Creative Cloud App. Right after that I noticed that my Photoshop will crash everytime I start it, or randomly when I try to open a file.
After some tests with other 22.x versions this exact problem happens for all the 22.x versions for me.
I have already tried to remove the complete PS settings folder in the Application Support folder, set font preview to none etc.. None of that helped.
I then tried to install the oldest possible version, which is 21.2.7. That is the only working version for me.
I am running macOS 11.2.3.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.x on your Mac. Please try the steps mentioned below:
1. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.
3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.
5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.
If the issue persists, please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop 2021 by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.
Thank you for your answer.
Full Disk access and adding PS to the accessibility list did the trick.
Thanks again 🙂
Did not help with constant crashing when trying to Open Photoshop under Catalina.
Sorry SchumisKinn I was trying to reply to nikunj.m
I was very hopeful and tried your solution. Granting full disk access and accessibility didn't make a difference. It is not possible to disable "use graphics processor" because PS hangs on opening making access to preferences unattainable.
I'm in the middle of a PS course and need a solution. Any other suggestions?
W'ere sorry that the suggested steps didn't help. You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3
Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG
Let us know how it goes!
i am having the exact same issues. This version should come with its own warning
None of the 22.x.x versions worked for me and kept freezing. Try installing the 21.2.9 version. I did and it works.
This is what I had to do. I've had to abandon 22.x for now. It's just not working.