Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All brushes gone, including default

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Every single brush has poofed... including the default brushes. I'm not sure what happened, but I'd like the brushes back... Please help. TIA.

#BringTheBrushesBack lol

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Are any brushes back? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the brushes aren't back. ~ heavy sigh ~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you click on a tool that would use a brush and show the Brush Palette in a screen capture? 

Can you make a new Brush? 

Does selecting Legacy Brushes make a difference? 

Brush.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately every single brush wasn't even visible to choose from. I could load the Legacy brushes (which I had previously installed some months ago - and even they weren't available when all of the brushes disappeared), but the default brushes were still missing. I uninstalled and reinstalled, keeping the presets and preferences - that didn't work. The only thing that did work was uninstalling and NOT keeping the presets and preferences. I just reinstalled and all of the default brushes are there again because it's like a fresh start. I'll have to set up my workspace completely new and import the brushes I had previously. 

I'm at a loss as to what caused the issue in the first place, but I do know I went through a similar thing with Illustrator about a month ago. It's all all of my presets in both Ps and Ai just poofed into thin air. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain! This has happened to me as well. Since I make so many of my own brushes, I now save them to my computer from time to time so I can load them back up if needed. I recommend doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, all of my brushes are saved outside of Ps and all of the cool brushes I've downloaded are also saved. Of course, no one wants to go back and have to reinstall a gazillion brushes. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fortunately, all of my brushes are saved outside of Ps and all of the cool brushes I've downloaded are also saved. Of course, no one wants to go back and have to reinstall a gazillion brushes. LOL

By @Golden5D2D

This is akin to Actions that can go missing, and many fail to save them (as a set) to reinstall. So save those actions and brushes, and for that matter, if PS is running fine, your preferences. A lot easier to reinstall than start from scratch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines