• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my brushes are round?

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully I explain myself well enough so that you understand what the problem is lol.

I have a selection of brushes (some are tool presets converted into brushes too) that should have a tapered or pointed tip to them but instead they are all round?

Ive tried editing the settings of different brushes, re-installing Photoshop, resetting all brushes to default and installing a ton more brushes as well.

I am am using Photoshop CC 2018.

I just want a brush that is pointed and can be used directionally with the way you stroke?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same stupid issue.

Really having a hard time here with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you bother talking about tapered presets where pen pressure controls size?  Like this:

image.png

If that is the case then the presets will have a round cross section as displayed in the right click brush panel

image.png

But display as tapered in the Brush preset panel.  However the preview appears as parallel until you touch down with pen on tablet.

If not, then can you explain in more detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i have the same issue too. I have a some brushes that should have a tapered or pointed tip to them but instead they are all round. When I try to draw, it draws as a rounded brush. I can't find the solution, so i hope you can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, this screen capture directs you to where you can adjust Brush shape.

wamly/j

2021-02-27_06-58-50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and solved it by saving the attached file into Adobe photoshop 2022 settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines