All pen-sensitive controls in Photoshop suddenly not working at all

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'd just like to preface this by saying that I am desperate for help and have been vomiting due to the stress this has caused. Please help me.

My specs:

1. iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
  2. MacOS Big Sur 11.1
  3. Up to date Photoshop CC
  4. Wacom Intuos Pro m PTH-651
  5. Wacom Driver (6.3.44-2)

A few days ago, I was illustrating in Photoshop as usual when out of nowhere my brush-strokes started auto-locking into drawing straight lines only, as if I were pressing the shift key. Tapping the shift key would unlock my brush for about ten strokes, before locking again. Not once in the 7 years I've been using this keyboard have I gotten a sticky key, but I cleaned it anyways. No change.

Then after about a day of this, just as suddenly, I had a whole new problem to deal with. My brush strokes lost all pressure and/or tilt sensitivity. A warning triangle popped up in the control dialogue saying "control by pen pressure requires the use of a pressure-sensitive tablet."

I updated my tablet driver. I went back to older versions of the driver. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I restarted my computer countless times. I ran diagnostics on my tablet in System Preferences, and my computer registered the pressure of both of my pens. No change.

I went back to Photoshop. I restored all of my tools to their default settings. I uninstalled all of my preferences. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop twice. The second time, I lost all of my custom brushes because when I went to export them into an .abr file Photoshop only exported the one brush I happened to have selected at the time. No. Change.

I am at a breaking point. I am a freelance illustrator and if I don't get this fixed soon my income is on the line. Please help me.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?