• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allowing photoshop to access my photos on iOS?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to import photos onto the photoshop app and it says I need to allow access to photos on settings but when I go onto my settings there is no option to allow permission. Can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop for Mobile  forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Settings and scroll down to the Photoshop application. Select the application then tap on Photos on the right side and allow Read and Write.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem. There is no option to "read & write." The only options are "none" or "add photos only". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the most recent updates to Photoshop on ipad you should not need to grant access to open or import from Photos. You will need to grant access to save to Photos though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly.  If I recall correctly,  its part of the privacy features in iOS/iPadOS 14.  If you haven't before,  you have to grant an app permission to save to photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem currently 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Trying to export a photo and save it, but when I go to Settings and Photoshop, there's only an option to change Notifications settings. No option to change permissions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try resetting prefs from the application settings, or uninstall and reinstall to get the OS to show the message on share to grant access to Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my new IPad Pro (6th Gen) . Both Adobe Photo Express and Camera do not have options to "access photos or camera" on the Setting. Can anyone help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! 

I've been having the same exact problem. I have an Ipad pro, with latest iOS update. I've tried resetting preferences, deleting app, restarting the device. On my settings, photoshop doesn't even show the photos allowance option... Can someone help ? 

Thanks ! 

Jade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest OS and Photoshop versions you should not need to grant permission to open photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? I have the latest OS and IPad Pro, and I am havinf the samw poeblem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. It's impossible to use the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide a screen recording of the issue you are hitting? With the latest application and OS versions you should not be required to grant access to Photos to open photos from your device in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem too; there is nothing that allows me to allow access to photos. I also upated the app and still have the same problem. I would have thought that if there is a block on being able to move forward, that Adobe would have checked this out and fixed the problem. I can see it has been a problem for far too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it’s a pity because it looks like it would be useful. I even tried buying but came up against the same problem so I have cancelled.

=========
With best wishes from
Barry Feldman
ברוך בן יצחק משר

My new telephone number is:— +34 630645171

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still confused on this issue if any one can provide clarity that would be great. I've done this on two different iPads both running latest iOS and Photoshop. Lightroom can have access to photos but Photoshop has zero access or ability to change preferencesIMG_1670.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is set the same way, but that is not blocking Photoshop from using Photos. The way it’s working for me is exactly the same as the wording in your screen shot: “This app can show your photo library, but can only access the items you select.” So, that means Photoshop can open or import any file that you select in the Photos library. That is more than zero access. It means access only to files you select.

When you’re in the Photoshop app, and you tap “Import and Open” and then tap “Photos” are you able to select an image, or does it not let you get that far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out what is actually happening and it's a much more complicated issue. Whether I shoot raw raw plus JPEG or just JPEG as long as I upload the files to my iPad via app I can open the photos and Photoshop. If I uploaded those same three files to the Photos app on the iPad, I will only be able to open the raw plus JPEG or the JPEG file. iPadOS is doing some sort of conversion to the Raw file making it a incompatible file format. I noticed this recently when I was backing up my photos that the raw files were converted to a tiff format,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the photo you want to import to PS Express then click import. It will ask you to grant permission but just cancel. Then follow instructions to edit the pics etc. just what I did. Not an expert here but thought that would help. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Express is actually a different forum, but thanks for the information. 

Do you use Photoshop as well as Photoshop Express?  I'd be interested in if the latter has features that might be useful to people with the full Photoshop version?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes no sense at all but I was fighting with this issue the same as a number of you it seems. I decided to give up on the Photoshop app instead and see if I could get done what I needed to do in Photoshop Express. When I opened a photo in Express it asked me to choose my photo allowance preferences, I set that on Allow All in Photoshop Express. I randomly had the thought, 'I wonder if the preferences are linked?' Went and opened the Photoshop app back up and I could import photos now. Hope this helps someone else fighting with the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think so that its a good idea.

But i Like your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines