Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alphabet action

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I am making individual letters from a font using an action, so a b c d etc.

I created an action but cannot figure out hot to get the action to change fromlower case to upper case, and change the font. Rather than do each letter at a time

cany help appreciated

thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This task may be better performed via Photoshop variables:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-data-driven-graphics.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tip, however i am ps newby and have no clue what variables are and how to use them lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@matthewd73174506 wrote:

thanks for the tip, however i am ps newby and have no clue what variables are and how to use them lol

I provided a link to the help manual. You can then look for further sources of info, videos, forum posts, tutorials etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you can use Window > Character > All Caps and font list to record steps to change from lower to upper case and to set different font.

set character style in action.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are doing. Change the font? Are you stepping through the alphabet or???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically i made the action to make just the letter a, save as filename. Then b Save as filename. c save as and so on through the full alphabet.

When i run the action it does exactly that BUT i want to be able to get it to change the font and then make letter A save as etc.

Every time i try it reverts back to the original font i used even after changing it, so i end up with the original font as seperate letters again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action is going to have the font name embedded in it. You'd need to use a script to change the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script ? SOrry for being a numbskull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can write scripts in the Extendscript (Javascript) language to automate editing. Photoshop includes a bunch of scripts and you'll find hundreds of scripts online.

I'm still not totally clear about what you are trying to do but to automate a task where you need to change fonts, an action probably won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

basically yeah, i am trying to do each letter individually and save as a jpg. 

Then if the action was working run it again BUT CHANGE THE FONT, so it again does each each letter and save as jpg again. And so on

Itjust so i dont have to manually tpe the letter save as jpg, b save as jpg, c save as . Then change the font and start back at a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines