• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative to Photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, hoping someone smarter than me can help out here.

I urgently need to open PSD file which was created with the help of Photoshop. But i cannot install Photoshop on my laptop.

Can someone recommend me the best alternative to Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Google is your friend. There are many ways to open PSD file...For example try to open the file

(Link removed as per forum guidelines)

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Photoshop can open a native PSD document. Download the free 7-day Photoshop trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely the Gimp can open a layered PSD file?  I know Irfanview can open a flattened version of a PSD.  I also suspect JJ's link will find a few others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google can find programs that support PSD file format some may only be able to read or write then some may only be able to display or generate a thumbnail. May be hard to find an application that supports all the can be in a PSD file. Only the latest Photoshop can do that old versions can not. Photoshop is somewhat backward compatible it not possible to be forward compatible.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Programs+the+support+PSD+format&oq=Programs+the+support+PSD+format&a...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quickest method is to use the online Photopea, which prides itself on having the best PSD support.

Affinity does a pretty good job, but loses smart object (rasterizes the layers).

PhotoLine has great import, including smart objects, and adjustment layers, but export is very rudimentary. But if you just need to open PSDs to pick them apart, PhotoLine is excellent for that purpose, and the installation is very compact (full functional 30day trial).

PhotoPea is probably your best bet when you need to save an imported PSD again.

And you will not have to install anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google is your friend. There are many ways to open PSD file...For example try to open the file

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that has been posted.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PHOTOpea is a great photoshop alternative it has the exact layout and the exact fetures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a designer since 20 years and I tried several Photoshop alernatives. I hate Affinity Designer but I love Pixelmator Pro. The first time I discovered a real alternative to Photoshop. If I wouldn't be using InDesign a lot, I would quit my Adobe subscription completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Affinity Photo will open PSD files.
I switch to Affinity Photo last year because PSE 2021 won't work on my (ancient) MacBook Pro.  I have honestly found it to be one of the best moves that I made.  It's cheaper than PSE, and runs faster on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines