• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An embedded color profile that does not match the current RGB working space

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,everyone ! I am having an issue with my photos lately . The skin looks way too grey an d the contrast of the entire photo is too high. Even Photoshop noticed me that I have " an embedded color profile that does not match the current RGB working space" . On my camera I have sRGB . The photos are taken with a Nikon d810 /24-70 2.8 / SB910 flash . (Jpeg files) What happened ? I did reset the values using the 2 buttons ,but nothing changed.

Thank you !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Hi Nicoleta

Change your RGB working space to either "sRGB IEC61966-2.1"  (easier if you are unsure) or "Adobe RGB 1998" (which encompasses more colours but will mean you must convert to sRGB when saving or exporting images for the web)

Change all three Color Management Policies to "Preserve Embedded Profiles"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Photoshop noticed me that I have " an embedded color profile that does not match the current RGB working space" .

And what do you do when the alert appears?

What are your Edit > Colour Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never changed anything in Photoshop since I downloaded it . First time I used the option "Discard the embedded profile " , but after reading some forums about that I used the first option with "Use the embedded profile " . But why do I have this problem now ,since I don't remeber changing anything in the menu of the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your color management policies within Photoshop, in combination with your working space, define the behavior.

In Edit > Color Settings, this workflow is defined. Please post a screen shot or tell us these three things (as originally requested above by c.pfaffenbichler​ ) :

1. Working space for RGB
  2. Color Management policy for RGB
  3. Profile Mismatch settings

Also please post a copy of your document status as requested above.

2017-05-22_10-26-44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for the other request ,I am not sure which Status Bar /Document Profile are you talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicoleta

Change your RGB working space to either "sRGB IEC61966-2.1"  (easier if you are unsure) or "Adobe RGB 1998" (which encompasses more colours but will mean you must convert to sRGB when saving or exporting images for the web)

Change all three Color Management Policies to "Preserve Embedded Profiles"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should also have added - check "Missing profiles - Ask When Opening". The other two "asks" do not really matter if you have the settings above set to Preserve embedded.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,Dave !

Thanks a lot ! I hope this will solve my little problem !

You all have a great day !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for the other request ,I am not sure which Status Bar /Document Profile are you talking about.

See the lower left of the document window, see screenshot I posted earlier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I calibrated my monitor which is what my RGB is at but I don't have options to choose in Color management.  All are gray.  I get this pop up with EVERY photo I have.  I have been choosing convert image to monitor colors.Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 11.27.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 8.29.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those two screenshots demonstrate how to disable all color management completely in Photoshop, and thereby making the monitor profile moot and irrelevant. With these settings, Photoshop behaves just like any other photo viewer that doesn't support color management at all.

Revert all your color settings to how they originally were. If you can't remember, click the "North America General Purpose" preset. This is the default. Don't change it again.

The working RGB should never be your monitor profile! It needs to be a standard color space, sRGB, Adobe RGB or ProPhoto.

Color Management Policies should always be set to "Preserve Embedded Profiles". The other two options are legacy/very special purpose and if it was up to me they should just be removed altogether. They are potential disasters if you don't know what you're doing.

Color Settings specify policies for handling embedded document profiles. It has no relevance for your monitor profile, which is set up at system level. When you run the calibrator, you set the parameters and then don't do anything. It's all handled by the software without any user intervention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set the Status Bar to Document Profile and post screenshots to illustrate what you are talking about.

statusBarSetting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines