• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated gif won't stop looping forever

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My animated gifs won't stop looping forever. I export: Save for Web (Legacy) and Choose Once under Looping Options and it loops continuously. I've updated to the latest version of Photoshop and also have tried multiple online animated gif converters to stop the looping but nothing is doing the trick. Does anyone have any solutions? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @suzyt64368213, I'm sorry you don't have any replies yet. Were you able to get your animation to only loop once? Where (how) are you viewing the GIF after exporting? Some browsers, interfaces, platforms, and websites automatically loop GIF files, so you may have no control over that without access to play settings. Are you seeing it loop continuously even in the Photoshop export panel when you test it? Let us know what's happening!

JainLemos_1-1661537123907.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lifting directly from @Conrad C 's post in another thread (thx!):
"Yeah, I have found that there is something off about how macOS shows GIFs, not just Preview but using QuickLook in the Finder as well. They introduce various glitches that don’t happen normally.

As far as I can tell, the best way to preview an animated GIF as others will see it is to drop it into a web browser. Safari works fine so I test my animated GIFs there, but Chrome and the others should also work well."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem also, and I can't figure it out. I've selected 'once' in the export options (Save for Web Legacy), yet it continues in a loop of forever looping. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the post immediately before yours.  The one from SG...

He says you need to view the GIF with a web browser like Safari or Chrome to see the Giff as others will see it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's looping everywhere for me. The same file that a few weeks ago didn't loop is now looping. The only place it's not looping is Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post the gif and screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Timeline, Options Bar, …) and the SfW-dialog visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines