• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any Adobe - How can I use a folder of images inside of a template to print?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am printing cards,  12 to a page, with all the same content on them, other than a unique image for each card. 

I have a folder filled with my images.  

I can create the template in illustrator,  photoshop, or anything else if it's more convenient,  I'm just trying to figure out the best way to place all of these images into the template? 

Any suggestions on software and method? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Just in case, I will provide link to my posts about already mentioned Data Driven Graphics which are most comoprehensive AFAIK. Links to other related posts are at the bottom Easy Way to Automate Photoshop with Variables | DesignEasy (dezigneasy.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SanDiegoCasey  – One option is to setup the template with 12 alpha channels named Image 1, Image 2 through to Image 12. These would be white on black, with each white "window" in the required position for the variable image on each card. Then you would use one of the late JJMack's scripts:

https://github.com/MarshySwamp/JJMack-Archive

Specifically, download the JJMacksPhotoCollageToolkit.zip file, unzip and run the BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another method in Photoshop and Illustrator is to use "Variables", sometimes called "Data Driven Graphics"... While in InDesign this is known as "Data Merge". This uses a spreadsheet to define the images to be replaced, however, it will probably require more work than the script that I pointed you to in my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just in case, I will provide link to my posts about already mentioned Data Driven Graphics which are most comoprehensive AFAIK. Links to other related posts are at the bottom Easy Way to Automate Photoshop with Variables | DesignEasy (dezigneasy.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines