• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone know a script or how to make a script that can import image and scale it down and save it?

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I've a job to do where there are a bunch of images in a folder that are different dimensions and I need to make them all have 600x600 dimensions and by that I mean just importing the images to a 600x600 format (without stretching it) and scaling it down a bit and export and do it for all those images

Like I want a script that can do this basically: import an image from folder A - put it at the center - scale down by 75% - export to folder B - hide that layer and add new image from folder A and repeat the process for all the images in folder A

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apply an action, and you can apply the action to folder without opening each image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean batching? AFAIK, the images will always be opened, even with a droplet.

I agree that an action is probably enough though.

-

Lost too many hours on the previous handout, so good luck 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As suggested, a batch action can do this. That being said, you need to decide if you are going to scale to a % or a target px value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines