• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyway to FILE > SAVE AS COPY > and......

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been pulling my hair out trying to find a way, with more recent change where Adobe now, if you want to save a PNG from a layered PSD file, you have to choose FILE > SAVE AS COPY to even get the JPG as an option......however......

What I'm trying to do, is when I hit my shortcut button to open a FILE > SAVE AS COPY dialog, I'd like to have .JPG as the default file type in the drop box instead of having to always drop down that box to select it. I don't want the action, or shortcut to do anything more than bring up the  FILE > SAVE AS COPY dialog, but have .JPG be the default file type selected. 

I'm not trying to get it to save into a specific directory, so I don't want to just make the Action actually save it as a .JPG I want to be prompted to name it, but not to have to drop the file type box down to select .JPG.

I'm totally fine with having to hit the OK button after I name/rename.

Can anyone help me out?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Recording an action and then activating the interactive "modal" control should do what you require:

modal.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recording an action and then activating the interactive "modal" control should do what you require:

modal.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Stephen. Could you be a little more specific on that? Because I can't seem to get the action to actually have .JPG selected in the SAVE AS COPY dialog box when I'm working with a layered PSD document. I haven't found a way to stop recording the action at the moment that I drop the box down and select .JPG as the filetype. Because if I hit OK, and then save it, and choose whatever quality I want, and then stop the action, it will want to save ALL future projects that way, in whatever directory was used while creating the action. If I hit cancel while recording an action when the SAVE AS COPY dialog box pops up and I drop down the file type and choose JPG, and then stop the action, there was nothing to record. I've been trying to figure this out for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, please disregard the top reply. It appears to be working now......weird! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines