• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Photoshop 2020 sky replacements Royatly & copyright free to use?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Photoshop 2020 sky replacements Royatly & copyright free to use?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

This question has come up before in this forum; here is the link to a thread where there are definitive answers:

Does anyone know if the default sky replacements are Creative Commons for commercial use?

The official answer that another member got from Adobe is in this post in that thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/does-anyone-know-if-the-default-sky-replacements-are-creative-commons-for-commercial-use/m-p/12020808#M538403

@mj wrote:

What I have learned is that the sk

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find a specific license for them, but Photoshop is built for professionals. I'd be extremely surprised if Adobe would include photos that can't be used professionally in your work.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan and MAB,
No offense to the expertise of either of you, but this answer is an assumption. I need a concrete answer to give to my accounts person. Please don't mark something as correct when it isn't verified.

And to anyone listening at Adobe, please provide some guidance on this matter asap, otherwise I can't use this exciting new function at all.

Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree @Budd Tugley. Typically Adobe is good about stating licensing terms, but I have looked for a license and have not been able to find one yet. I recommend contacting Adobe's Support directly as they may be able to refer you to the specific licensing terms.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget that you can use your own if you're leery about using the skies Adobe provides.

I'm pretty sure that the provided ones are royalty-free. We ACPs had a discussion about this not too long ago; whoever made the provided skies gave permission for their use, much like how the templates under the New dialog can be used worry-free. (And if I also recall, some of the skies were provided by none other than Russell Brown.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks War Unicorn! Yes, my workaround has been to load a sky into the sky replacement module. And thanks for the inside scoop on the photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has come up before in this forum; here is the link to a thread where there are definitive answers:

Does anyone know if the default sky replacements are Creative Commons for commercial use?

The official answer that another member got from Adobe is in this post in that thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/does-anyone-know-if-the-default-sky-replacements-...

@mj wrote:

What I have learned is that the sky images are royalty-free. Sky Presets may be used in commercial work just like stock images and shapes/brushes. You just are not allowed to bundle and resell them.

Although Adobe staff don’t normally answer directly in this forum, this is still a good place to ask that question, because some of the volunteer users know where to get the answer, and sometimes they get it faster than if you had called Adobe support.

Ultimately this is not a new question because Photoshop already includes a lot of graphics content that you can use in projects such as fonts, clip art, templates, brushes, and such; and replacement skies fall under the same rules: They are available for use royalty-free..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @Conrad C ! I knew Adobe had to have a license somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines