• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are you turning on/of this option(native canvas)? Plz share your experience.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just curious. Later, I know that the option to disable native canvas itself will disappear from Photoshop 2024 or later, and then it will become the norm.

However, I have always disabled it since I got the option of native canvas (photoshop 2021? 2020? I don't remember exactly).

Of course, there was no big problem with activation. However, We often check Adobe Community forums, and most of the solutions listed on the Bug tab were resetting pref.s and Deactive Native Canvas.

So I want to avoid even a little problem with working computers, so I mostly disable the new options (including native canvas)

I'm curious about your experience.
How are Native Canvas options set?
If activated, what do you think is the benefit of it?
If disabled, why?
I think it would be a good information sharing if you let me know your OS, whether it is active or not, and why.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been advised, by an Adobe employee, that the issues Deactivating Native Canvas resolved were fixed with a recent update.  I can't remember which one exactly, but this was within the last few weeks.  In any case, I would think that feature is no longer relevant with V24 that became available yesterday.   I can tell you that for the regular posters on this forum (Adobe Community Experts) it was getting so that, for anything remotely related to display issues, it was worth suggesting the user Deactivate Native Canvas, and often not really believing it would fix the issue, but it almost always seemed to do the trick.

It's not exactly the same thing, but some of the Neural Filters crashed my system every time I tried to use them, and at exactly the same point, but they are all working OK for me with the new release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen so many bugs on the bug tab, or symptoms, as opencl changes its code to match the native api of each os, and most of the answers to them were Deactive Native Canvas. Sometimes I turn on native canvas and restart Photoshop and try it, but I don't know what speed benefits it has.

btw, Was the crash you experienced also related to native canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines