Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard from LayerSet - Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a way to convert a layerSet to an Artboard in jsx? (As you can do it in the layer's menu)

(The final script would be more complicated but i'd like to build it step-by step and avoid to explain too much for now)

Thanks a lot,

Bernard

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernard,

As you want to expor layers to jsx format, please check this script and let us know if it helps:  davestewart/Export Layers To Files.jsx

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

this not exactly what i intended to do but thank you anyway, i keep this usefull link 😉

Thanks,

Bernard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Equivalent menu command

app.runMenuItem(stringIDToTypeID("artboardFromLayerGroupEvent"));

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks r-bin,

it is possible to do it with multiple layerSets in order to convert each one into artboard?

Ideally i'd like to make a more complex script...

My purpose is to :

- duplicate my layerSets

- convert them to artboard (transparent background) and keep their names and dimensions (layerSets are in an global Artboard at start)

- export those artboards to png (like in the right click layer menu > quick export to PNG)

layerSetsToArtboards.gif

I think i can search the pshop javascript ref and scripting guide in order to find out but if you can help with few scripts it would be nice.

Thank you,

Bernard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A bit late, I just stumbled over this topic while looking for info on layer sets and artboards...

Rather than converting layer sets to artboards to export to files, why not directly export the layer sets to files?

Layer Saver.jsx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines