Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

As usual, bugs of the new PS version

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Adobe
Another version of the photoshop update 23.3 and further errors in the application. The preview does not work and the PS application hangs while opening the PDF file, you cannot select any options, the preview does not work. It is probably to blame for the preview. Does it still have to be burdened with many bugs every time when a new version is released? Not something well done without errors for it to work immediately !!! Or every time a new update is made, you have to reset the program's preferences and reinstall it !!!!! System MAC osx version 12.3.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are here to help.

Could you please share screenshots of the error? Does it also happen with different PSD or JPEG files, or is it only with PDF files? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Where are the PDF files stored? Are they on an internal drive or an external drive? Do you see any error code when Photoshop freezes, or does it just freeze and has to be forced to quit?

Go to the location of the preference folder mentioned below and rename it to backup it up. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2022 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2022. old)

This will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install. We hope this helps.

Let us know if it works.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open any PDF file from local disk my computer imac 2019 retina 5 K ram 32 GB free SSD disk capacity 140 GB. No matter what I open a PDF file that contains a picture of an image, the dialog box freezes. The window can be moved, but the options after clicking on them do not work, the dialog box does not respond. no file preview appears. I attach a movie

at the link the movie

https://we.tl/t-zuM7nz2R8A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details.

If you have reset Photoshop as suggested above, please ensure Photoshop has permissions needed on the Mac by following the steps suggested below:  

1.  Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.  
  2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a checkmark in front of it.  
  3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.  
  4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access found in the same list as Accessibility.
    SameerK_0-1649772037994.png
  5. Once done, restart the Mac.

Please share any of the PDFs from your files and System info from Photoshop > Help > System Info > Copy & Paste in a text document and share with me via direct message. 

We hope this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not transfer any effect, it is the same, or even worse, now the same effect appeared when opening the OPEN window panel, the window freezes for a few seconds. In 2021, after the updates, I had to reset my preferences 6 times and from installing the entire package, including 2 times reinstalling the entire system through the CC ADOBE package. I have been using your package for 24 years, I started with the 2.5 PS version, what is happening now is discouraging to use it. constant technical problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening a pdf is working fine for me. Did you try opening a different pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I wrote before, each one that contains photos. It follows that the window options freeze when the pdf preview is rendered. If the PDF is large and contains high resolution photos, then you had to wait a few seconds for the preview, sometimes for a minute, and not that the options would not work and there is no preview at all, I waited a few minutes. It's not a problem with files, but a program error. I also don't understand why the option to turn off the preview of the PDF file has been completely removed, now you have to wait a few minutes for refreshing. This was by no means how this option worked, now it does not work anymore, so I will have to install and reset from scratch. This is probably a joke with your updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines