• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aspect Ratio Issues/Menu Bar Issues

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a 55" 4K LG TV Monitor. Running Windows 10, Display settings 200% scale, resolution 4096 x 2160. All other applications seem to be working properly and as they should.

Was working fine when I was using a cheap VGA to HDMI adapter for the monitor, I don't think it was 4K compatible. But I switched to a Display Port to HDMI cable to get 4K quality, as I was getting some interference with the old cable/low res displayed on monitor.

The UI scale is fine. The aspect ratio of the imported images is off. In the menu settings the pixel aspect ratio is already set to sqaure, however images that are supposed to be square are not displayed square on the monitor. ie a round object 500 x 500 pixels shows up as an oval.

Also the menu is glitching out. Clicking on one option opens another drop-down, and some are not even accessible. When I click "View" then the "Type" drop-down menu opens.

I've already done the DPI scaling override switching it to go off the system settings. No dice. Maybe the enhanced settings??? Seems to be a photoshop setting not a system setting issue.

Application keeps on freezing as well, not something I had issues with before.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is really the solution, but the stated resolution is 4096 𝗑 2160. That’s considered cinema 4K, which is aligned with certain movie formats. Is that what is set in Windows, or the TV? Because if you have a computer hooked up, maybe it’s sending UHD 4K, which is 3840 𝗑 2160, more common for computer display. If there is a mismatch between the Windows setting and the TV setting, that 256-pixel difference could distort shapes. So one thing to try would be to make sure Windows and the TV are set to the same type of 4K resolution.

The difference is shown at this link:

https://www.rgb.com/key-differences-between-4k-and-uhd-resolutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Actually fussing with it some more, I found the Intel graphics card and made a custom resolution that fixed the problem, albeit now theres a black bar at the top and bottom of the screen. Like you were saying a cinema widescreen.

Anyways as I started to use Photoshop more, the problems kept arising and it is unuseable at this point... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At least that is something. Unfortunately I don't have a clue about the glitches...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines