• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ATN to XML script does not work on "Save As" Actions that contain file paths above 120 characters

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

for the past days I have been trying to figure out why the ATN to XML script (which converts a photoshop action to an external XML file) is working on some of my actions but not on others with seemingly no relevant difference between them. Until I painstakingly managed to isolate the error - file path length for the "Save As" command.

Every time I try to convert an Action to an XML file which has a "Save As" command with a more than 120 character file path, after selecting the output destination for the XML file, photoshop just freezes, going into "not responding" mode. 

Two things:

1. I would really appreciate it if someone could reproduce this error. Via this link you can download 2 actions, one includes a 120 character file path, the other 121 characters - no other difference. Please use the ActionToXML.jsx script on both and confirm whether or not this issue is just on my local machine.

2. If "1." turns out to be a universal issue, any ideas how to fix it? If it's just my machine, what could be the reason? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@xbytor2 - just tagging you in if you are still active on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines