• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-align Performance Tips

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Any tip suggestions to help speed up the process of auto-aligning images (5 or more)?

My performance settings includes 70% memory allocated to PS, when required and I have plenty of scratch space.

Thanks in advance,

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large are the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Memory allocation doesn't mean much.

How much available RAM, HD space, Scratch disk space, what Mac OS and version of PS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image size is 25 MB from my Sony A7III (RAW)

My system specs are .... iMac 2017, 40GB, scratch is 300 GB on an SSD drive, PS version is 23.4.1

My PS is configured to use 70% of available memory.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

25 MB each? What settings are you using when Auto Aligning the layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

25 MB each? Yes, all of the images from the camera are the same size.  I'm assuming LR is sending the same 25 MB images to PS.  

Here is my workflow steps inside PS...

Select desired Images -> Edit > Auto-Align Layers followed by Auto > OK

Again, thanks Kevin for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long is this process taking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that something that can be batched and that you are batching?

I just disabled PS making a First Snapshot (History) on opening a file, which I seldom need anyway and seems to open pics faster on my old PC (which makes sense).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signfeld,

I am not sure what "batching is"  I am pushing photos from LR to PS, auto-aligning real estate images and then post-processing the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batching is if you could somehow open 5 at a time automatically, have it align and save, then do more while you sleep, so to speak (or literally). If it's an action, it can often be batched, although this scenario seems more complicated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a good computer, is everything else working at good speed. Try restarting and only having photoshop open. Are the files 8 bit? I know it can get much slower in 16bit mode, and for most workflows you only need 8 bit.

Try an alternate method, you might prefer anyhow of coming from camera, so you can skip making the layers.

Files >> Scripts   >> Load Files Into stack

MikeGondek_0-1657652251726.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines