• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Blend Layers not Working

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to focus stack in Photoshop using Auto-Align and Auto-Blend. However, the results are pretty poor. I don't understand why PS is interespersing segments of out-of-focus wire between segments of in-focus wire. If it just used the same layer/photo for those segments, it would be much sharper.

Are these results to be expected from Photoshop? Should I instead use other software to perform focus stacking?

Windows 10 OS, PS ver 22.5.1

stack02.jpgstack01.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you auto-align before you used auto-blend? Even if you shoot from a tripod, you must use auto align. The reason is that changing focus at macro distance also changes the subject size, so auto-align must correct this first.

To answer your second question: Photoshop only changes the layers if you select that option in the Auto Blend dialog. That is the 'Seamless colors' option (I'm typing this on my iPad, so I don't know the exact words).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JohanElzenga

Yes, I auto-aligned before auto-blending. Apologies if I wasn't clear in my post.

Thanks. That makes sense that "seamless tones and colors" would probably alter the individual layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines