• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate Batch not working properly

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use automate a lot. My photos are around 15 megs apiece, so I take a folder full of photos and reduce the file size and save it in another folder for my clients to use for social media. This past month, the original files are being overwritten with the lower resolution version. I am positive I have the correct folders selected. Any one else have this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

I have a similar issue. File>Automate>Batch, PS 2022, will not work since 'upgrading' brand new (two months old) iMac to Monterey from High Sierra, or whatever the last iteration was. I'm trying to convert hundreds of film negatives copied in Adobe RAW on a copystand to "inverted" (positive) Jpgs, by using the Batch command. Invariably what happens is the first image will open in Adobe RAW and then everything stalls. The only way I can proceed is to either select "done" on the Adobe RAW processo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is prabably happening because of the settings you select at the batch window.

See the example below.

batch.gif 

At the left column you have a lot of options, you probably now have the "Save and Close" selected at the "Destination".

In order to save in a new folder you should set "destination" to Folder", then, click at the bottom "choose" and select the folder you want your images to be saved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. File>Automate>Batch, PS 2022, will not work since 'upgrading' brand new (two months old) iMac to Monterey from High Sierra, or whatever the last iteration was. I'm trying to convert hundreds of film negatives copied in Adobe RAW on a copystand to "inverted" (positive) Jpgs, by using the Batch command. Invariably what happens is the first image will open in Adobe RAW and then everything stalls. The only way I can proceed is to either select "done" on the Adobe RAW processor or select "cancel". There are no other options. If I select "done", the batch processor jumps to the nex image and hangs up again. If I hit "cancel" (why would I want to cancel?) the system shuts down and asks if I want to "stop" or "continue".  

The only workaround I've found, which DOES WORK, is to use Photoshop's File>Scripts>Image Processor, which gives me exactly what I'm after. Why is this? Who knows? Sure would be nice if someone in the younger generation who understands these things could provide an explanation along with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  That worked beautiful for me!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked for me too 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines