• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate PDF Presentation No Longer Accepting Files

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compiling PDF files is a huge part of my job, and it has never given me any issues whatsoever until very recently with the latest update (23.0). Now, it throws me error messages and refuses to include all of the files I'm feeding to it, stating that it is "Unable to include [#] file(s) because they are not image files, are too large, or too much color depth, or are PDF files not created by Photoshop." I went back and re-tried compiling older PDFs that I had already successfully compiled on previous versions of Photoshop, and sure enough, it rejected several of the files for the same reasons, in spite of the fact that it worked flawlessly before.

All of the images are the same file type and color depth, so since it's only rejecting certain images, it must be because of the file size. The threshold seems to be somewhere around 400 KB (absurdly low for no apparent reason), since it accepts files all the way up to file sizes of 3xx KB and rejects anything higher. What can I do to remove this bizarre, frustrating, and entirely unnecessary restriction so that I can actually compile PDFs again?

I'm running version 23.0.0 on Windows 10. My system consists of an i7-9700k, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB of RAM, and a 1TB SSD.

The only "solution" I've been able to find online so far has been to suggest smaller file sizes; however, as mentioned above, I've never once run into issues with this feature before, so there's clearly something that was introduced with the latest update that's not functioning as it should (or at the very least, not functioning as well as it should by default, with instructions for adjustment being incredibly opaque).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally would use that command to combine images as opposed to PDFs. In Photoshop 23.0 on Windows, I tested the Automate >  PDF Presentation... command with some PDFs and got that same error message. I went back to Photoshop 22.5.1, tested the same PDF files, and got the same message, though.

You might try using Acrobat DC for combining PDFs. I tested combining those same PDFs using Acrobat DC, and that worked. In Acrobat, you would go to File > Create > Combine Files into Single PDF...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I am using it to combine images, and the error still arises. I'll look into using Acrobat DC instead, though; thanks for that suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very frustrated with this issue as well. Just updated to whatever version & can't do this operation I have had no issue with doing previously, easily over a 100 times. This is very significant part of what I use photoshop for, any further info would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just went back to 22.5.2, it works there. Pretty frustrating tho, like I said that is what I do for business. Kind of unsettling that I may not be able to do it if ever am forced to update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines