Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Automate - photomerge problem.

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using photomerge - blending together images to make panoramics. Usually there are 5 to 9 components, shot with a rotating tripod mount. For absolutely no apprarent reason the photomerge cannot put the panos together correctly anymore. I haven't changed anything. The components are jumbled, sometimes overlapping. What happened. I did not change versions of Photoshop. One minute it was working next it wasn't.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restting your preferences? Are you sure you didn't touch anything in the dialog box setting up the pano?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for getting back to me. To the best of my knowledge, I didn't touch a thing. One minute it was working, next it wasn't. Are there any specifics you can have me look for in the preferences? Is there a chance it would change itself? I wouldn't think so. And, I'm working with the same components to create the pano - just making a second version. So it worked one time on stitching the five components, now it doesn't. Thanks again, George

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you reset preferences it resets everything back to default - so if you did touch something in there it will get reset. I like to start my panos from Bridge. If you go to tools, Photoshop, Photomerge. Double check your settings. If it's not working properly you can try different settings. If you didn't touch anything, this is the default: 

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 12.20.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 12.18.11 PM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this happen with all sets of photos you're trying to merge? Photomerge can fail if there aren't enough unique details to align - think of a ocean/horizon with no real differences between shots.

Can you post a set of images that are failing? Post a URL to the files using CC files or dropbox, or something similar to share the files.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines