• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic centering of photo while scrolling - where'd it go?

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until a recent update, when an image was open in PS, it remained in the center of the window. Scrolling in or out automatically maintained this centering. Now, the image appears wherever in the window, and I have to dig around to find the scroll bars to recenter the image. Then, when I zoom in to look at something, zooming back out leaves the image in some other random place, not in the center.

How do I reset PS to always center an open pic? Probably a simple solution but I can't find it.

Thanks,

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Have you tried the Overscroll option within the Tools section of the Preferences?

overscroll.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Overscroll option within the Tools section of the Preferences?

overscroll.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it!  I turned off Overscroll and the scroll centering is close to - though not exactly - like it used to be. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - turning Overscroll off is a big help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to a newer version, after hestitating for sometime and the automatic centering was missing. Thank you for asking the question and making me feel I`m not alone in missing it. I agree the solution to turn off Overscroll is not as good as the previous feature. Cheers K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines